Played through the demo (I'm a bit too late lmao), really enjoyed it. The shadows tripped me out a lot. Thanks!
There Was the Moon
A downloadable game for Windows
We open our doors to you on this eternal night.
Under the moon’s gaze, you may enter.
There Was the Moon (TWTM) is an atmospheric exploration game. The player is tasked with completing a ritual prescribed by an interspecies pact formed eons ago. Complete puzzles and delve deeper into a bewildering monument.
A beautiful nightmare.
- Explore a dreamlike monument and uncover your destiny
- Meet odd NPCs that will help you with your tasks
- A haunting atmosphere paired with a surreal soundscape.
- Solve puzzles as you complete the ritual step by step.
Playtime: 1-2 hours
Wishlist on Steam today!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- There Was the Moon v1.2 ReleasedAug 03, 2020
- There Was the Moon v1.1 ReleasedJul 29, 2020
- There Was the Moon is out!Jul 25, 2020
- Trailer Released | Release Date Announced | Preorders OpenJun 30, 2020
- New Screens | Trailer Incoming, we're almost there!Jun 19, 2020
- April Demo Bug Fixes | Thanks for your help.Apr 11, 2020
- There Was the Moon Demo Released!Apr 08, 2020
- There Was the Moon Steam Store Page Up - Wishlist Today | Demo DetailsMar 03, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you for making this. This really is quite an experience!
Yeah no prob!! Happy to hear you enjoyed it :)
V excited to finish this and share with you all.
I like psychedelic stuff
Here's My Coverage (i managed to finish the demo):
Atmospheric and creepy in equal measure. I loved some of the visual effects, like the rotating shadows in the dome room, or the corridor of rotating squares. The optical illusions they caused were very trippy!
I did get stuck for quite a while on combination lock doors puzzle, but fortunately stumbled upon the method for solving it.
Bug-wise, there were a couple of things to note:
- A couple of brief audio glitches while I played. Not sure if it was the game or my PC though, and no obvious triggers, so seemed random.
- There were a couple of places where the player model gets caught on geometry.
Going up these ramps, some of the 'discs' stop the ascent and so you have to jump over the lip.
Ascending back up these stairs towards the end, I got stuck on the penultimate step and so and to jump to clear it. I can't remember if that happened every time as I went up and down several times exploring.
I did record a video of my play through and could post that to YouTube if you want to see it.
Otherwise, I enjoyed my time running around the monument, and was kinda disappointed when it ended so soon. 😁